DR.ABDULLOH SAMOH – Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Natural History Museum
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Natural History Museum
Prince of Songkla University
Khohong Hatyai, Songkhla, 90112,THAILAND
Telephone : +66-(0)7428-8066
Fax : + 66-(0)7444-6682
E-mail : email@example.com
- Ph.D. (Biology) Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- M.Sc. (Ecology) Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- B.Sc. (Biology) Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
I have been working on marine long-legged fly (Dolichopodidae) especially mangrove species, and exclusively focusing on southeast Asia marine long-legged fly taxonomy, population genetic and their ecology. The research interest also includes the survey of diversity and distribution of other insects e.g., bat ectoparasitic flies (Nycteribiidae and Streblidae), two dipteran families namely, Empididae and Hybotidae from marine habitats in Thailand.
Current and recent research activities
- Taxonomic review and phylogeny of the marine long-legged fly (Dolichopodidae) in Thailand
- DNA barcoding of the mangrove long-legged fly (Dolichopodidae) in Thailand
- Checklist and host specificity of bat parasitic flies (Nycteribiidae and Streblidae) in southern Thailand
- Samoh, A., Satasook, C. and Grootaert, P. 2018. New data on the marine genera Cymatopus Kertèsz and Thambemyia Oldroyd (Insecta, Diptera, Dolichopodidae) from rocky shores in southern Thailand with the description of a new species. Raffles Bulletin of Zoology, 66: 258–267.
- Samoh, A., Satasook, C. and Grootaert, P. 2017. Eight new species of marine dolichopodid flies of Thinophilus Wahlberg, 1844 (Diptera: Dolichopodidae) from peninsular Thailand. European Journal of Taxonomy, 329: 1-40.
- Samoh, A., Boonrotpong, S. and Grootaert, P. 2015. Ngirhaphium Evenhuis and Grootaert from southern Thailand (Diptera: Dolichopodidae) with a description of a new species. Zootaxa, 3946 (1): 125-132.